Most people think of beer when hops are mentioned however this herb has a long history of medicinal uses. Hop tea or infusion is high in antioxidants, hops are phytoestrogen, antiviral, anticarcinogenic and antimicrobial.
- Aids sleep. It is a relaxing sedative herb and is particularly effective with valerian or chamomile
- Assist with stress and anxiety reduction
- Help to ease and stimulate the digestive system
- Hops are also a powerful immune system booster, they have antiviral, antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antibiotic properties
- High in anti-oxidants making them excellent for the skin and hair, they also have anti-inflammatory benefits, so are useful for calming rashes or inflamed skin
- Historically used for women’s menstrual problems and also for women who are in menopause due to the high level of phytoestrogens. Effective at reducing the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome by reducing irritability and soothing cramps
- For menopausal women hops help to naturally regulate hormones, ease hot flashes, and calm nerves.
Directions for Use:
Infuse hops leaves in boiling water for a few minutes, the more you use the stronger and more bitter it will be. Try adding chamomile or peppermint leaves to help with flavour