Rehmannia (Rehmannia glutinosa) is a plant mainly grown in China. It's commonly used in combination with other herbs in Traditional Chinese Medicine for over 2,000 years. Its thick brownish-black roots are usually harvested in the fall and used for a variety of medical purposes.
- Help support overall health as a general tonic. Rehmannia root contains bioactive compounds known as iridoid glycosides, natural plant-based molecules, which may slow the natural aging process according to various studies. This also includes support of healthy blood and liver. For starters, try Rehmannia Extract from Herb Pharm for a quick and easy way to work the herb and its potential benefits into your daily routine.
- Help support a healthy immune response. Recent studies have shown that rehmannia root may serve as an antioxidant, temporarily alleviating minor symptoms related to seasonal health challenges, especially skin irritations.
- Help support brain health. Rehmannia is believed to support cognitive function, especially as the brain ages.
- Help support bone health. Early studies have shown that an extract of rehmannia root may help prevent further bone loss in aging rats, a possible research area of interest to human subjects as well.
- Help support menstrual health. Rehmannia may also support the female reproductive system by temporarily relieving symptoms related to the monthly menstrual cycle.
- Help support regulation of plasma glucose. According to a study on rats, a formula of rehmannia may help regulate plasma glucose levels by promoting glucose utilization through more beta-endorphin secretion from the adrenal glands.
- Help support healthy-looking skin and hair. Rehmannia root is gaining popularity as an addition to beauty products. Wellness System Conditioner by Giovanni combines Chinese botanicals with the highest quality Western ingredients to energize your hair and scalp, helping to soothe a dry itchy scalp, strengthen roots, and reinforce your hair’s natural bounce and elasticity.