Terms and Conditions
This outlines the framework for our services and products at Good Living Nutrition and Wellbeing which is trading style of Good Living Nutrition Limited.
Consultations & Coaching Sessions:
- Initial 30-minute consultations on the phone is free (additional conversations or meetings will be chargeable at the consultation rate.
- Before the first consultation you will be provided with a consent and information form and a wellbeing questionnaire for you to complete and return at least 3 days prior to the first consultation.
- Your consultant will go through it with you in the first session of your work together. Please talk with them if there is anything you would like clarified and sign the consent form accordingly.
- You will discuss and agree what support you want from your consultant in your first session and review of the progress and focus of your work together in further sessions.
- The location of the consultations will be agreed on an individual basis.
- Working on Skype, Phone & FaceTime - It is your responsibility to have a working internet connection for all sessions. You will be charged for scheduled sessions if your consultant is waiting for your call, but you are unable to connect online. We will call you for any phone sessions to a UK landline or mobile number.
- Mileage will be charged at 45p per mile from S3 8GG and travel time for agreed home appointments will be charged at £75.00 per hour, estimated, agreed and paid in advance.
- Other charges incurred as a result of the appointment will be billed as soon as confirmed and are payable immediately. These include but are not limited to; parking charges; congestion charges; cost of products.
- Each session is 40 minutes in length. Longer times would require booking multiple sessions.
- Costs are not subject to VAT.
- Payments can be made by cash, bank transfer, a credit card or debit card. You will be invoiced for payment before the consultation and this should be paid in full 7 days in advance to confirm the appointment.
- You are required to pay for sessions, which are missed or cancelled, with less than 72 hours’ notice. It is important that you attend sessions regularly. However, if you do need to cancel an appointment please let your nutritional practitioner or our admin team know with at least 72 hours’ notice. You can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is confidential that you are a client of Good Living Nutrition Limited, as well as what you discuss in your sessions. There are, however, some limits and exceptions to confidentiality.
If your consultant has serious concerns about your safety or the safety of another person normal confidentiality may be lifted.
- You will be asked to provide your GP’s contact details, as someone they may contact. Good Living Nutrition Limited keeps a record of your name, contact details and dates and times of appointments. Your consultant is required to keep brief notes about the focus of your work. These are kept securely. Any reports produced by Good Living Nutrition Limited to evaluate the service contain anonymised data and will not contain any identifying information of clients.
Problems & Complaints:
If you are having a problem with your consultant, or the service, which you have not been able to resolve with your consultant, you may raise it by writing to with the Administration Team at Good Living Nutrition Limited, Aizlewood's Mill Nursery Street Sheffield S3 8GG who will support you in finding a resolution.
Nutritional advice is the application of nutrition science in the promotion of health, peak performance and individual care. Nutritional practitioners use a wide range of tools to assess and identify potential nutritional imbalances and understand how these may contribute to an individual's symptoms and health concerns. This approach allows them to work with individuals to address nutritional balance and help support the body towards maintaining health.
Nutritional advice is recognised as a complementary medicine and is relevant for individuals with chronic conditions, as well as those looking for support to enhance their health and wellbeing. Practitioners consider each individual to be unique and recommend personalised nutrition and lifestyle programmes rather than a 'one size fits all’ approach. Practitioners never recommend nutritional advice as a replacement for medical advice and always refer any client with 'red flag' signs or symptoms to their medical professional. They will also frequently work alongside a medical professional and will communicate with other healthcare professionals involved in the client's care to explain any nutritional programme that has been provided.
The consultant requests that the Client notes the following:
- The degree of benefit obtainable from Nutritional Advice may vary between clients with similar health problems and following a similar Nutritional programme.
- Nutritional advice will be tailored to support health conditions and/or health concerns identified and agreed between both parties.
- Nutritional practitioners are not permitted to diagnose, or claim to treat, medical conditions.
- Nutritional advice is not a substitute for professional medical advice and/or treatment.
- Your Nutritional Practitioner may recommend food supplements and/or functional testing as part of your Nutritional programme and may receive a commission on these products or services.
- This document only covers the practice of Nutritional Advice within this consultation, and your practitioner will make it clear if he or she intends to step outside this boundary.
The Client understands and agrees to the following:
- I am responsible for contacting my GP about any health concerns.
- I give permission for you to contact my GP regarding any agreed aspects of my case.
- If I am receiving treatment from my GP, or any other medical provider, I should tell him/her about any nutritional strategy provided by my nutritional practitioner. This is necessary because of any possible reaction between medication and the nutritional programme.
- It is important that I tell my nutritional practitioner about any medical diagnosis, medication, herbal medicine, or food supplements, I am taking as this may affect the nutritional programme.
- If I am unclear about the agreed nutritional programme/food supplement doses/time period, I should contact my nutritional practitioner promptly for clarification.
- I must contact my nutritional practitioner should I wish to continue any specified supplement programme for longer than the original agreed period, to avoid any potential adverse reactions.
- Recording consultations using any form of electronic media is not allowed without the written permission of both me and my Nutritional Practitioner.
Please read this section carefully as it contains the legal terms and conditions that you agree to when you use this site.
This site is operated by Good Living Nutrition Limited, Aizlewood's Mill Nursery Street Sheffield S3 8GG
Company No: 11385165
Purpose of the site:
For the sale of goods to UK, European and International markets.
Availability of the site:
We cannot guarantee uninterrupted access to the site at all times.
Information on the site:
The information on this website about herbs, nutrition, health and well-being cannot be viewed as advice. This information has been researched from books, publications, and other websites and is not a source of authority, it is shared with the public for reference purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by a medical doctor and should not be taken as medical advice.
Product and service availability:
Reference to any product or service does not constitute an offer of sale and does not mean that the product or service is available.
Ownership of materials on the site:
Good Living Nutrition Limited is the owner of all information on this website. You may not publish, distribute, extract, re-utilise, or reproduce without acknowledgement of Good Living Nutrition Limited as the publisher. You must include the top-level URL of Good Living Nutrition Limited’s Website e.g.: http://www.goodlivingnutrition.com in acknowledgement of Good Living Nutrition Limited as the source.
Copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the Products shown in Good Living Nutrition Limited lists shall remain at all times the property of Good Living Nutrition Limited. The Customer shall acquire no rights in the Products except as expressly provided for in these Terms and Conditions.
While every effort is made to ensure that the information contained in this site is correct, Good Living Nutrition Limited makes no warranty express or implied as to the nature or accuracy of any such material to the extent permitted by applicable law. Good Living Nutrition Limited may make changes to any content and information contained on this site, at any time without notice.
The legal ownership and any copyright or other intellectual property rights in the site and its design, text, graphics, software and all other material on the site belong to Good Living Nutrition Limited at all times, unless otherwise stated. You may only download material or view and/or print a single hard copy for private or non-commercial use. Any framing of or linking to this site is prohibited without the prior written permission of Good Living Nutrition Limited.
Disclaimer of warranties and liability:
To the fullest extent permitted by law all warranties (express or implied) in respect of this website and the content of this website and your use of this website are excluded. Except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence, to the fullest extent permitted by law we exclude all liability to you in respect of your use of this site.
Amendments of the terms:
We reserve the right to amend these terms without notice to you from time to time. And such amendments shall be effective once the revised terms have been published on this page.
These terms are governed by UK law and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Terms and Conditions of sale:
Purchasing Good Living Nutrition Limited’s Products:
You may only purchase products available for sale and which appear on the Good Living Nutrition Limited Online Store, for personal use, either by yourself or by your intended recipient(s) of the products. Good Living Nutrition Limited reserves the right to decline any order that it has reasonable cause to believe is for onward sale other than through distribution channels approved by Good Living Nutrition Limited.
Details of the products available for purchase (including their price) are set out on Good Living Nutrition Limited’s Online Store. Good Living Nutrition Limited takes all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on Good Living Nutrition Limited online store are correct at the time when the relevant information is placed onto Good Living Nutrition Limited Online Store. Although every effort is made to keep Good Living Nutrition Limited’s Online Store as up to date as possible, the information appearing at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order.
Once you have selected the products you wish to order, click on the “CHECK OUT” button at the end of the checkout process. Once you have clicked on the “CHECK OUT” button, you have made a binding offer for the sale of goods. Your offer at this stage is still subject to our acceptance. In order that we may accept your offer, we obtain an authorisation from your Credit card company for the amount detailed on the order summary page. We are not taking funds from your card at this stage, although the amount available for you to spend will be reduced by the authorisation. This is a normal process with the banks. If your credit card should not give an authorisation, your order will not be processed further.
Good Living Nutrition Limited will email you to confirm your product order has been received.
Good Living Nutrition Limited will email you again to confirm that the products you have ordered are being shipped to you.
We are deemed to have accepted your offer, and a corresponding contract of sale for the products you have ordered is concluded between you and Good Living Nutrition Limited only upon those products being shipped to you, as detailed in the dispatch confirmation email.
Good Living Nutrition Limited may refuse or be unable to process your order if:
The product you ordered is discontinued or no longer available,
Your credit card does not give authorisation for the payment of the purchase price,
You do not meet the eligibility to order criteria set out above.
Cancelling the Contract and Returns:
- Order Cancellation
You may change your mind and cancel your order within THIRTY (30) working days after the day you receive your goods. If you choose to cancel your order, we will refund:
Full Purchase Price
Note: If you choose to cancel your order you will be expected to return the goods in your order to us in perfect condition. Good Living Nutrition Limited will NOT refund the return delivery charges (cost for returning goods to us) and if you fail to return goods to us we may charge you for the cost incurred in collecting them from you.
- Damaged or Faulty Products and Incorrect Orders
You may exchange your goods or obtain a full refund if the goods in your order are damaged or faulty upon receipt, or if the goods you have received are not the goods you originally ordered. When returning damaged, faulty or incorrect orders we will refund:
When exchanging damaged, faulty or incorrect orders we will:
- How to Return Your Goods
In order to return the item, package it up & enclose details of the purchase:
Reasonable care must be taken when packaging the parcel and returning it so that goods are not damaged in transit. You must use a carrier that offers both traceability and insurance.
Good Living Nutrition Limited reserves the right to:
Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, Good Living Nutrition Limited’s Online Store (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you; Good Living Nutrition Limited shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such modification or withdrawal; and/or
Change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of Good Living Nutrition Limited’s Online Store (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions, then you must immediately stop using Good Living Nutrition Limited’s Online Store.
If Good Living Nutrition Limited should change these Conditions, your order will be subject to the Terms and Conditions at the Date and time of you placing your order. Copies of the appropriate T&C are available by email from email@example.com.
If any part of the Conditions is declared unlawful or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed deleted from the Conditions and the remaining provisions of the Conditions shall remain in full force and effect. English law applies to these Conditions and any dispute relating to the Conditions shall be settled by the English courts.
Good Living Nutrition Limited warrants that all Food Products shall comply with the Food Safety Act 1990 and all relevant UK legislation from time to time in force. Good Living Nutrition Limited warrants that all Non- Food Products shall comply with all relevant UK legislation from time to time in force.