Fos-A-Dophilus is a probiotic which contains six strains of live native bacteria (probiotics), plus a small number of fructo-oligosaccharides, providing four billion live bacteria per capsule.
- The gut microbiome is made up of many different species of bacteria, some of which are considered beneficial, and others are pathogenic
- The balance of bacteria within the gut can be easily disrupted by stress, poor diet, excess alcohol, illness and antibiotic use. Live bacteria (probiotics) help us to maintain a balance of beneficial bacteria within the gut
- Fos-A-Dophilus contains the native live bacteria strains Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium breve, Bifidobacterium infantis, Bifidobacterium longum and Lactobacillus acidophilus, along with the fructo-oligosaccharide inulin
- This blend of native bacterial strains is designed to have activity throughout the whole digestive tract, both the distal end of the small intestine and throughout the colon.
- Provides strains that are pure, naturally fermented, antibiotic resistant and able to survive the challenges of stomach acid and bile within the digestive tract.
- Particularly recommended for people over 40 as it is higher in Bifidobacteria which colonise the large intestine and are less easily replenished in those over the age of 40.
This product is stable at room temperature so no need to refrigerate. Suitable for vegetarians.