Nettle leaf, also called Urtica dioica, has been used in traditional medicine for many centuries. It’s known for the stinging hairs that grow on the stems and leaves.
Nettle leaf is a rich source of antioxidants, which are needed for reducing the number of free radicals in your system. Vitamin C, for instance, is a powerful aid to the immune system and may even provide protection against various types of cancer.
Nettle leaf also contains vitamin A, which many scientists believe is necessary for eye health. In addition, nettle provides a range of other health benefits including:
- Help reduce prostate size and treat symptoms of an enlarged prostate gland in men
- Reduce hay fever symptoms
- Help lower blood pressure by allowing your blood vessels to relax
- Help lower blood sugar levels
- May protect the liver against damage by toxins, heavy metals and inflammation
- Nettle leaves are a natural dietic so may help your body shed excess salt and water
Directions for Use:
Infuse about tea spoon of leaves into boiling water, add with other infusions such as hemp or peppermint